Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. Bookings are accepted only on the condition of your understanding and acceptance of the terms outlined below.
Niseko Academy is a snowsports lessons and guiding service brand operated by Aspire LLC (hereafter referred to as ‘The Academy’).
The `client` making a booking is responsible for making sure all members taking part in any lessons or guiding services understand and accept the booking terms outlined below ( hereafter the `client` refers to any members taking part in lesson or guiding services )
Private Lessons and Guiding Services Booking Terms and Conditions
Bookings, waivers and client responsibility
- Bookings are not confirmed until full payment is received.
- Bookings are accepted only with the understanding that the client acknowledges & understands that skiing & snowboarding are sports that are hazardous and have inherent risks of injury &/or death. The client voluntarily agrees to assume all risks of injury or death that may result from skiing or snowboarding. The client agrees to release The Academy & their employees & agents of any obligation to advise of the dangers obvious or not, inherent in the sport. Participation in such sport(s) is undertaken under the Clients` own free will & never at the direction of The Academy &/or their employees and agents. The client voluntarily takes full responsibility for any damage or injury to self or which may be caused to others as a result of the client taking part in lessons/guiding services.
Full or partial cancellations
- Cancellations to confirmed bookings can be made at any time up to 15 days prior to the first lesson/guiding services with a full refund (minus any incurred costs to The Academy). Cancellations made between 14 and 7 days prior to the first lesson/guiding services will incur a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 7 days prior to the first lesson/guiding services
- The Academy is not responsible for snow or weather conditions. Lessons/guiding services cancelled by the client due to bad weather will not be refunded. The ski area is responsible for decisions related to mountain safety including lift operations and The academy will only cancel lessons/guiding services based on those decisions. Ski areas and surrounds are often affected by adverse weather conditions. Clients should consider the appropriate cover to insure against the inability to take up pre-paid services from The academy due to adverse weather/snow conditions.
- In the event of lessons or guiding services being cancelled due to circumstances beyond The Academy’s control, efforts will be made to re-book services for alternative dates within the same ski season ( subject to instructor/guide availability ). In the event that instructors/guides are unavailable or the client is unable to switch to alternative dates, then at the discretion of The Academy instructors/guides and transportation may be made available to assist clients to engage in other activities on the same day
- Clients are responsible for arriving at arranged meeting points before the lesson/guiding service start time with appropriate equipment and lift passes. Lessons and guiding services will not be extended to cater for late arrivals.
- The Academy strongly recommends all clients are covered by appropriate winter sports insurance. Many areas outside the management of the ski area including gate accessed areas are classified as `backcountry`. The client voluntarily agrees to assume all responsibility for ensuring they have appropriate insurance cover.